Thursday, November 01, 2007

Story of AH BOY part one

Ah Boy, a mild mannered, laid back black mongrel used to call the east side of Singapore home. Hawkers often fed him with remnant food and Ah Boy would particularly love devouring the left over Satays, earning him the reputation "Satay dog".

Ah boy has such a kind demeanor, I have NOT once heard him bark, not even when passing leashed dogs and stray cats attempted to agitate him. The hawkers loved him and so did the regular patrons.

On one occassion I was dinning with a Friend and overheard the next table mama telling the hawker that dogs like Ah boy should be put down. Friend was ticked off by the suggestion and started an argument with mama which eventually led to shouts & insults.

The next thing we knew, mama probably called the AVA and had Ah boy captured. When Friend knew about this, Friend was devastated and was prepared to pay $500 fee plus other administrative charges to 'bail' Ah boy out, and hope that Ah boy can be placed in a shelter for dogs.

Ah boy's fate is still unknown as Friend paid a visit to AVA today and discussed the procedures. And that little time Friend was allowed to see Ah Boy, Ah Boy was still that gentle dog, no struggle, no whining, only sadness in his eyes as though he knew he had only limited time on earth. Friend's assurance to Ah Boy that everything will be alright did not evoke any emotions. I hope he knows he will live!

If this story touches your heart and you think you can help, please drop me an email or comment here.

More updates on Ah Boy coming up soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nuisance should be put down! I'm referring to that mama.

Anonymous said...

I was feeling very sad after reading about the plight of Ah Boy, until I read 2nd half of the anonymous comment above :D :D :D
Sis

sinlady said...

Can't you and Friend adopt him?

3A Gurl said...

I wish I could take Ah Boy in but Princess T does not take kindly to additions.

wildgoose said...

Dogs are not allowed in my house, so I'm afraid I can't help. :( hope he gets saved by someone.
That "mama" is horrid.

Suzie Wong said...

Anonymous- that's a good one

SL-don't know leh. Friend has reasons. Friend thinks better off AB at shelter home, and is going to foot the stay & expenditures.

3A- very nice of you, but totally understand

WG-mama so mean hor, you see AB pic, he so good boy right?