Monday, December 12, 2005

8 SHOWS IN 7 DAYS

How's that for the record, probably have 10 next week. In case you think that's all i do and the number is no big deal, may i remind you I still hold my 9 to 6 job (all these events are at night or on weekends) still do my pole dancing and teach singing, and still have a bit of time to pak tor (date)! Today I was Emcee for an RC event and I practically worked from 9am to 10pm, and woke up at some unearthly 6am to slap on those ultra thick make up that supposed to last whole day without smudging. Still have to get to work on Mon morning. Anyway, I'm quite a workaholic, have always been and I started doing holiday/part-time jobs since 14 and did that throughout my secondary, jc and varsity days. I was just telling a friend who has 'quit the job and currently taking a break' how i have never done that throughout my 10 over years of career. I mean go holiday got la, but not like 'take a break' in between jobs. It has always been quit today start new place tomorow! And school hols I world work right up til school began.

Anyways, back to the copycats topic. You understand after a week's grufilling(gruelling and fulfilling) schedule I already lost all interest in flaming the person, but since supporters of my last post suggest I expose the fraud, i only scanned 1 page of the brochure to show you.



Not sure if you click on it you can see a larger image.. But can you see the first line which i bordered are worded the same? The second line that says "the sultry singer has a voice...blah blah" is also lifted from another linked website which I wrote for another entertainer. There are other parts here and there but, aiyah, never mind la, got better things to do that to expose word for word. But the irony is, in retrospect, now I actually cringe at how I used to write (maybe 5 to 6 years ago, that's how long i have had my website) but other people actually think it's good enough to plagiarize. I have always wanted to spend time to re-write and change web design but procrastinate, but I guess no point spending so much effort when there is piracy!

Let's talk about my last 3 events. I gotto show you this joker who impersonated a Diva at his company DnD's idol contest. No prize for guessing which diva and his gender! Aiyoh, he was hilarious.


Then i did a kid's christmas party (hospital staff's kids) . Kids mah, so i wore a more modest Santa rina outfit, the 'toasty' one will freak the parents out. This little boy so cute, dressed up for the party. He was wearing shirt and vest and when i suggested photo, the mum quickly don on his jacket.

Then meet angry spiderman, Actually thought he looked more like 'sun wo kong'- legendary monkey god'

Then finally, the RC event. RC event was pretty typical, cultural dance, lion dance and wu shu performances, everyone nervy and tense during MP's arrival, but what striked me were these young ballroom dancers who did a beautilfu job.

Finally, check out these 3-yr olds, jumpstarters of montessori. Aiyo they so cute and clueless on stage, they were so fun to watch


Ahaha, they are so cute, you should see them live. They totally messed up (see the girl at second row and 2nd) and they are always looking ar each other for cues. What was cuter was there were double the number of people downstage right in front clicking cameras or videoing away--their beeming parents!

Ok, probably update again 7 to 10 days later cos it cost me 2 hours to post all these pics!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No click for larger pic, so maybe later I find magnifying glass to read hor. Good you got over the episode about the bad copycats. You have too much going for you to care about them. I mean it, my friend. I LOVE the diva...Tina Turner and her not-so-tiny Tinnettes izzit? :)

Suzie Wong said...

Oh sorry, don't really know how to enlarge this thing. but sorry, wrong, not tina turner,which means bad imitation. It's madonna's confession or a dance floor!!"

Anonymous said...

alamak!!! I am showing my age! haha

3A Gurl said...

so tweet your rina outfit. heh

Suzie Wong said...

Ooh, thank you, Ms 3a gurl. And Ms SL, no no no, nothing do with age. Just that we in different kinds of music. Those discussed by the 2 music lovers last nite up atop balcony also i don't understand! Ha

Anonymous said...

Those 2 after their 6th beer and wine also not know understand their own discussion :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha......hey! That over-sized Madonna maybe your hottest sales kit for the year.... Looks better than Louis doing his shimmies to the tabla beat.

Pak Tor? Who's the Romeo / Pavarotti / Vince Guaraldi (check out theie pics and tell me what they have in common)/ NiL? Can't be that 'Suey Lou'right?

9898

Anonymous said...

You think you got problem with copycats...our company found an American website touting it's "own" products, both of which were our in-house developed products, and have our brochures some more, but with our company logo, name and co-ordinates air-brushed out! Don't even bother to plagiarise...just out right took wholesale, lock, stock and barrel, bucket, pail etc!