Monday, April 10, 2006

ANYONE WATCHED MS SINGAPORE UNIVERSE?

Did you all find the results a little hmm....mixed up? Anyway, I wanna kill myself. I was there watching live and I DIDN'T BRING THE CAMERA!!!! So no pictures to post! I was still living in the era thinking mediacorp does not allow handphones or cameras into their studios but so many people were clicking away...brr.....

Anyway, everyone was there, Sandy Chua, Bernice Wong (previous winners in case you don't know), Denise Keller (judge), Pierre Png (naturally since the wife was hosting). But I think the steal of the night went to the twins-May & Choy. Heard about them but first time watching them, and live somemore, and I must say they are georgeous with lots of youth and a touch of Christy Chung bambi looks and class. And my.....can they really memorize their lines. I guess that's the forte of MTV VJs. Both of them rattle on their lines flawlessly, alternating between each other (and mind you, live recording means no NGs and no re-takes), without a glitch. You can see that even the charismatic anchor Adrain Pang fumbled at certain parts, but he made it up with his loads of wits.

Anyway later at the post reception I got to really see everyone up close, including all the finalists. And I must say Denise Keller is really beautiful, even though I'm not a fan of hers. But you know what? With Denise, May & Choy and some of the socialites strutting around, I just wondered how come some of our Ms Singapore finalists cannot be even half as georgous as them. Theses should be the minimum standard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had dinner with the Thai ambassador yesterday and told him the MC at the tourism thingy was my sister. So funny... after the "oh yah, she's good!", he looked at me quizzically for a moment and said "she's your sister? Your REAL sister? She looks a bit Indian, non-chinese" :D :D :D. Your make-up and custume must have been very successful, heheh!

Suzie Wong said...

not really, i'm suppose to look thai, not indian. hahaha....but funny! wah, how come got dinner? now that he knows i'm your sister, is he going to invite me host events in thailand? hee