Monday, August 27, 2007

I HAD TO DO THIS!

Today is another gloomy day for me for i have to 'fire' someone. Remember my post last week (Point 2) lamenting on some dull moments and very new colleague already learnt enough to stab my back?

I long suspected this girl colleague (ex colleague by now), let's call her 'Dipa' has been "stirring wind stirring rain in the office". But in the beginning I couldn't confirm it.

Dipa joined the company only in July 07 with some 'hotel' and f&b backgrounds and I took a liking of her immediately as she was an epitome of your young, enthusiastic, charming and intelligent personality that every organisation desires to hire. Very quickly she settled comfortably with eveyone and she added life to the currently male dominant staff strength. She is oh-so-good with her words, never stingy with her appreciation, apologies and praises.

However quickly she made her presence felt & accepted, it was equally quickly that some kind of 'division' started to appear within the once cameraderie boys. It would not be so unbearable if she had been able to produce proper 'work'. The mistakes she made in her work was no end. WHY? Because everyday she seems to be so.o.o busy sending one thousand sms and msn messages to people. Many of these messages were tainted & skewed reports of what's happening in the office.


So last weekend after a gruelling event at the Sentosa I was 'voicing' some displeasure of the way work was done via sms and these were the sms replies from her that followed, which started off really nicely


25 Aug 07 8.35pm (Dipa's handphone)
Anyway I wish to say that I would like to resign…I’m really sorry Ming but I juz feel like I have made a really big mistake. I thot I was suited for this line but I guess I’m not. And instead of being a contribution to the company I’ll end up being a burden instead. I’ll always be thankful to you for at least allowing me the opportunity to at least have a taste of what its like. Nw at least I have a clearer understanding of what event is like . I’ll hand in my resignation letter on Monday. I understand I need to ......blah blah I’ll continue to do all my responsibilities as normal til the end of my notice. Thank you so much for your patience with me. I sincerely appreciate that.
(Wa! Sound so nice)


25 Aug 9.51pm (from dipa handphone)
Hahahahaha! She die la. One wants to resign, one is unhappy with her and F (another colleague) is super bo chap attitude nw. Lol!

25 Aug 9.53pm (from dipa handphone)
Sorry msg wrongly! I dun mean to sound mean. I know ur exhausted. I guess me and K (another colleague) are too.

25 Aug 9.58pm (from dipa handphone)
Real sorry abt the last msg. I feel bad tat I want to leave when things are getting bz at office. And I guess all of us are feeling differently. Tat’s why I mean u die….i dun mean that you can’t survive without us or anything……u most definitely can

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah lao, such a stupid mistake and them even stupider backpaddling. I suppose she reads your blog? LOL
Sis

sinlady said...

what a pea-brained back stabber!

Anonymous said...

so Bor Liao. don't waste your energy on such people!
you know there's a saying which do you 'kill' first when you see it in the grass...a snake or....(you know what!). :-) Ha Ha Ha ha

Aelgtoer said...

Oh ho, she revealed her true colours after all. Not really Ms Nice eh, don't worry Ming, you'll find some one better!

Oh by the way, you should go catch Hairspray the musical movie when you have the time, it's really infectious. :)

Anonymous said...

wahlau, drama colleagues..

Hope everything will be okay soon!

Peak period for DnD coming!

wildgoose said...

Thanks goodness she's leaving of her own accord. :P hope you find a better colleague soon.

Suzie Wong said...

Ya, sis, SL, Wg, she totally asked for it. How like that? wanna mess with office's iron lady...lol....really don't know 'sky high earth thick'...hahaha (chinese saying-tian gao di hou).

Aelgtoer, will try to catch that. I haven't even got chance to watch 881.

Researcher, hahaha, I know that one. Now I'd probably let the snake go...hahaha

Adam, how wanna come help me or not?

Simone said...

OMIGOSH, what a TWIT! A back-stabbing, conniving, two-faced piece of crap TWIT at that.

Suzie Wong said...

Yah, Simone...can't believe such people exist. I think the term "conniving" for smart people, she shouldn't even be descreibed as that.

Spot her at this post http://worldofsuziewong.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-want-to-travel-with-this-bag.html