Tuesday, October 25, 2005

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO GO THE LONG WEEKEND?

Can't wait to belt my "Long Ban, long lau", will be leaving for Shanghai by tomorow midnight and these 2 days will have some serious packing to do. If not for the fact I have to return by Saturday for a local show, I would have continued on a romping escapade either in another part of China or somewhere else.

So after Saturday's show, just like everyone else, I really really want to get out of Singapore again.....I think half of Singapore's population is leaving the country due to the very luxurious week filled with 2 public holidays. I calculate already, those who don't work Saturdays, they can apply 3 days leave for a 9-day trip spanning from Sat til the following Sun.

I'm not planning for anything that long, just a 3-4 day thingie to neighbouring places but the problem is .....everywhere's fully booked! Not unless you don't mind going tsunami and terror inflicted places....which naturally most people want to avoid (including me). When I called most agencies and mentioned the dates and my (& everyone's) fave places HK and BKK, i can almost hear them sniggering under their breath like "hello, they were fully booked since half a year ago". Of course they offer alternatives like Penang, Phuket and BALI!

As if I'm not convinced, I log on to Zuji travel website and type in Sin-Hk and Sin-Bkk respectively. Sin-Hkk tickets were going for $700 plus per return ticket for some flight timing that takes you there by midnight and over $2000 for return morning flights. Siao! Sin-Bkk better still, they tell you they can't find anything that match my schedule, please widen my search options. Haha and Sigh! Guess I will stay home unless anyone can give a good suggestion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aiya....simple lah...
Day 1 - Big O and BooBoo at NYDC
Day 2 - S Shortcake and "What's the name of that cake" at Bakerz
Day 3 - Marble and Oreo Cheesecakes at Sweet Secrets
Day 4 - Rest day (at least from cakes)
With WHO???
Hahahaha.....6345 9898 of coz.... no choice....