Monday, October 24, 2005

DID THE TAI TAI (Chinese Socialite) THING ON SUN AFTERNOON-AGE MANAGEMENT TALK

At this age, it just suddenly occurred to you that you have just signed up for any darn anti-aging talk. I have already been to cosmetic surgery talks (not that I have that kind of 'tai-tai' money to spare but always good to know my options when I have), MLM anti-aging products trials etc etc. Would have gone to a botox party if invited to one.
I have stopped being a sucker for any new products that appear on the Guardian or Watson shelves ever so quickly because these products DON'T work quickly enough. I have even spent thousands on these stupid oral vials (can't remember the name) that you break and pour the essence under your tongue and let it slowly seep and absord into the nerves and suppose to be super potent it gives you a mighty boost to the collegen. Don't even see this brand anymore and in retrospect, I was so gung-ho to have tried it. i remembered asking the MLM girl (her name was Angeline) who sold me this thing, but she couldn't answer, so her supervisor, what will happen if anything goes wrong with me since, it's oral consumption right? She has the cheek to tell me I was insured for one freaking million dollars if anything goes wrong. Like duh? Where's my insurance certificate? Who diagnose? Where to claim? Her answers to these are simply.....incredulous......hold your breath, she said "the receipt is the certificate, anything wrong come and find me". Applause, didn't know she is a doctor, insurance comapny, maybe even pathologist all rolled in one. But, can you believe who is the bigger fool? ME, because I still went ahead to try the product.

So naturally, I would RSVP when La Mer (pronounced La Mare) invited me to a Sunday afternoon tea talk. I used to use La Mer but stopped because of its exorbitant price. Frankly I can't tell if it works but its widely publicised historical origin is very impressive and most of the Tai-tai singing students I have have a jar of it sitting on their dresser, and Jlo is said to use this thing on her entire body! Hmm, worth a try again and these talks usually have discounts or feebies. You notice that La Mer counters don't usually have giveaways like other brands? I suppose they don't need to have freebies since its clientele is very targetted.

I went and am not disappointed. Of course I went there prepared to spend a little and resume my beauty regime with La Mer. I bought my usual 30ml jar of miracle mosturiser
and was given a free 15ml


Than before I left, they handed out a door gift which contains another small jar of 3.5ml. See, so cute, ahaha, like papa, mama and baby.

So you know what that means, I have a total of 48.5ml of it, having only paid for the 30ml jar.





Hmm...very contented. By the time I left, these were my possessions












Sunday afternoon well spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.