Monday, October 17, 2005

CLAN DINNER AGAIN

Barely 2 weeks after that clan dinner, last weekend another one was organised, albeit smaller in scale, and was held in a restaurant in china town. These uncles and aunties really know how to enjoy themselves. So, I thought small scale means no frills and one would just go and 'makan', but guess I was wrong. When nearing the restaurant already heard wayang-styled crooning of cantonese pop songs. Wah, they really start early man, they were karaokeing even before cold dish was served, and if I thought these avid singers would stop when dinner starts, I was grossly mistaken. They didn't stop singing til the last guest shook the hands of the clan president and the line of board members at the door macham wedding dinner style.

My mum is obviously one of the designated performer, but minus all the opera get-up .


















Then it was me...... as expected, I wouldn't be spared, being the only so-called professional singer. Without preparation whatsoever, I just selected a song from what few disc they had and just belted out a cantonese number as quickly as possible so that I could get back to my spinach with mushrooms.

See the husband-and-wife duo. They performed complete with showmanship and all a catchy cantonese number "Qun Hiong Kong Lang Lui Dor" means "Pretty Women in Hong Kong".


Very cute one. The song is about a man telling the wife how easy it is to spot pretty lasses on streets of Hong Kong. The wife pretends to partake in the discussion and tricks him into elaboration and before he knew it, she lashes out in jeolousy on how he has been eyeing other girls. In the middle of the song, they even have this bickering dialogue. Than they made up and...........what else, live happily ever after.

And finally, if you remember, my chubby niece. Her last experience (debut) made her realise she has no aspiration to be a singer like "Ah Yee" or karaoker whatsoever, so this time she just came to indulge in the food.

She confided in me why she wore a hood over her head. She said the last time those uncles and aunties chatted, she could feel their showers of saliva all over her head. Ee....ww...., so this time she comes armoured. Haha. she's so cute.
Ok, so tomorow is my last pole lesson for the 1st term. Think I'm ready to take pictures.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Nice Pictures. We have got a soja sauce named Suzy Wong (very delicious)

:-))

Reganrds from Germany

Susanne

Suzie Wong said...

Dear Susanne,

Oh that's cute. thanks for visiting. u have a blog too?