Monday, March 26, 2007

M1 free weekend calls advertisment

I love the latest M1 free weekend calls advertisement on radio. It goes something like that:

Girl : "You have reached so-and-so. Please leave me a message...Beep"
Guy (with super ernest voice): "Hi! This is blah-blah. We just met! I usually call after 3 days, but since i get free weekend calls, i might as well call now...hehehe. Want to go out sometime? Ok, i will call again next weekend"

Don't you just love this ad? So clever! It is a perfect illustration of some of the guys I know.


Remembering when i just graduated from NUS I joined membership in....ahem SDU.....(er, actually I'm still a member now, but very dormant lah).

Then i met this guy at a Karaoke event. He was an engineering lecturer somemore ok. I got a call from him the weekend after, inviting me to be his partner for a dinner event on a cruise (organised by his institution i suppose, i didn't ask)

Before i could reply (rather positive at first), he quickly justified "actually i ask you ONLY (emphasized) because there is karaoke onboard and i know you like karaoke". Win already!

5 comments:

wildgoose said...

You got lifetime membership or what? hahaha.... I never attended a single event even with the complimentary 2 yr membership cos the events are pricy and you hear all sorts of horror stories. Best part was, someone I know told me the girls he meet there are all old and desperate. I almost felt like telling him, it's the same for him. :P :P

Suzie Wong said...

Hahaha, WG, lifetime membership? Actually no, they wanted to kick me out. 5 years ago (i think) they sort of wrote to me saying if it's not effective for me (i.e. if i don't find someone), my membership will expire and any renewal will be subject to approval...hahah....i don't even remember if i applied for renewal but to date i still receive their newsletter. I still check out their events like dance classes, who knows one of these days may have pole dance classes...lol!

Actually what your friend said is so not true. The 'quality' of the girls so much better than the guys, only thing is you notice the nicer girls get approached quickly by some guys and than for the rest of that particular event, the girls seem "unavailable" liao. So your friend must be quite the terok sort...hahaha!

Hahaha, but for me hor, quite hard to get approached, because if i sign up for karaoke (that was before i turned pro singer), i will be hogging the mic, and when i sign up for shopping in JB, I disappear into the mall the min we arrive. Heehee

sinlady said...

SDU? *shudder* LOL

Anonymous said...

SUZIE! Never in my wildest imagination you are (were) a member of SDU. Lol! You so outgoing!?

Suzie Wong said...

SL, itgirl, ---heehee