Monday, October 16, 2006

FOUND A LATE NIGHT PASTRY CHILL OUT

I'm getting peeved all these life-style pastries and coffee joints' incessant price increases have made themselves more expensive than some 5-star coffee houses (do you realize that?) I hate it more I cannot afford them as my regular indulgences like all these young people (how come they have so much money to spend?)

The price of a small TCC latte is now $5.85 (when coffee bean increased theirs from $5.10 to $5.20 i already reduced my consumption by half). I thought i used to pay $5 plus for a slice of Big 'O' in NYDC (wasn't it, Meow?) and last weekend i choked on the cake when i saw $6.95 for a significantly reduced portion (defo smaller now) and that price is before all the plus plus plus. That's freaking $8 after all the pluses for a slice of cake and we are not even talking Hilton! Meow, I'm NOT going anymore.........I don't remember having a pay increment matching this kind of inflation rates!

But that night, i'm just too happy to have stumbled upon this place at Riverwalk, and I'm will make it my next chill out place. Reasons:
First, the pastries ARE nice.
Second, the ambience is great, it's an Italian restaurant, not coffee joint, so got some standard.
Third the price of the the latte is very reasonable, below $5 and one
full cup somemore.
And lastly, which is the most impotant of all.....................bwahahaha, the pastries goes at half-price after 9pm........wah, perfect for me!
I know this picture doesn't do the warm moist chocolate cake justice.....but it is indeed "ooh-la-la" complete with a scoop of cookies n cram ice-cream.......heavenly........!

I also "ta-bao" a tiramisu home......before i even sink me teeth in it....i already know it's authentic....

6 comments:

3A Gurl said...

u got read papers or not? that provence bakery along lorong mambong (holland village) got cream horns! me go check out soon and 'report'

Anonymous said...

Meow....
Im so PMS lately har? You know why... I have been super duper busy with work lah of cos...
Have been skipping lunch for the past week, "gnai lor ti and bang gone" almost everyday at something like 3pm when I get really very hungry!

Im looking forward for this coming Friday (you know why right?). The more I think of it the more 'hardworking' i become....must finish as much work as I can to enjoy my next 5 days' break!!!! Yippie!!!!

Hahahaha...so you almost fooled your sista, Ms Sin, VB and many others into believing that your Meow here is such a Chio Bu idol...
LOL....erh....I lao liao...cannot qualify for project superstar :(

There is a Ferrari Club Gala Dinner this coming Wednesday and your very un-glam Meow is invited...dress code is evening wear for ladies....'gao mang ah"!!!! Any advise on what to wear??? Call me lah. Cannot expect too much hor... you should know my 'pattern'...hahahah...

Hey....how come you never ask me along to that Ricciotti place? Issit really that GOOD???!!!!

Suzie Wong said...

Oh 3A gurl, will defo check it out....yes will tell you verdict.

Meow...the ricciotti place was chanced upon when i "giah giah" on one of those nights playing chauffeur.....definitely will take you there one....half price lare...you know how money this "cheen chun" can save? lol

wildgoose said...

Oh Provence has very nice breads. Another nice place for cakes is Canele at Robertson Walk. Check out website at http://www.lesamis.com.sg/webtop/canele/
But I don't remember how much is the coffee. :P
I agree though that coffee is Sg is overpriced. I had the nicest latte ever in Sydney and it only costs S$3.60. In a nice Italian cafe with superb food too.

Suzie Wong said...

Thanks WG, me and meow always go canele til they stop baking our (my) favourite cake. can't remember reason but quite dumb, so we don't go as much. also very few seatings, agree, so sometimes got to "dub toi" share table, so uncomfortable

Suzie Wong said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.