Monday, October 23, 2006

What i like about VIVO CITY

Have you seen the place? I think half the Singaporeans were there on Deepavali, with the other half either out of the hazy town for the long weekend, or celebrating Deepavali..... or, they might be Suzie's family or blog friends cos i know you guys were not there.....Ms Sin defo not there cos I received her smses while i was shopping, haha. Meow is one of the lucky ones touring China now, and my sis and her family will never want to be caught in that frenzy!

You can expect it to be impressive....the 1 million sq ft shopping scale is mind-boggling and insanely huge....and i think it is basically a congregation of every fashion retail brand, every coffee joint and every eatery outlet you can ever think of.

What also impresses me is that many of the familiar brands took a lot of pains to decorate their shop space, giving Singapore's shopping an image lift. For example, Kenko the foot massage place now looks a spa wannabe. Swensons is now called Earle Swenson and took a big unit with a nice Sentosa gateway view. And Crystal Jade spots a refereshingly new look (similar to its Hu Chui branch in Ngee Ann City but incorporates a Sentosa view also) which beckons me to go back another time (yesterday's crowd was just too mad for me to want to dine anywhere in that gigantuan building).

You got to experience it some day. But before I let you do your own exploration, i have to tell you how impossible it seems that besides the wide choices of eatery available under one roof for a very small country, they also have Kopitiam and Banquet the food courts side-by-side..!!!! Siao or not? Nevermind, when you take the escalator up, there is yet another food court called FoodRepublic. I'm am so impressed with the Food Republic concept as the whole place is decorated in old wood, mosaic tiles floors and even the servers are dressed to the theme



Look at the door they use!

Ok, Ok, I know I'm not suppose to blog......i"m working now ( ngiao company ) but I'm in holiday mood.....so again if you have missed my greetings.......SELAMAT HARI RAYA everyone......woot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U went to work??? chey! Daughter already went VivoCity. Will be sometime before I pick up energy (courage?) to go :)

Suzie Wong said...

Yes! I'm at work...sick right? Aiya, that's why i never mention your daughter cos i think 'love-birds' will check out all pak-tor-a-ble places one...

wildgoose said...

Check out but not as thorough as you. Never even made it to food court. I'm not sure if it was exceptionally crowded yesterday or the mall just is not designed to handle the crowd. It's way too crowded. But the "Thai traffic policemen" are good additions. :)
End of workday coming soon...

3A Gurl said...

about 4 forays so far cos it is so near to my place and yes, it is so darn crowded most of the time. rather difficult to move around freely, especially when one is dealing with 2 very disparate age groups: the young(er) students and the not so young retirees