Wednesday, October 11, 2006

GOOD THING I'M CUTTING DOWN ON COFFEE.

Used to have a cuppa of branded coffee at least once a day. But the incessant price increase (still kopi) puts me off. I'm happy with my 90c teh-c from cofffee shop.

But this evening, after a hard day's work, thought of pampering myself with an aromatic cup of latte.....damn...the price now $5.85 for a short latte is way beyond my financial means for daily indulgence ($5.85x30=$175.50) That's equivalent to 3 weeks of car fuel.

Took it away and as i was driving (alone) didn't drink it right away. When i pulled up at the carpark, i couldn't wait to savour it, so took it out of the bag even before my bum departed the car seat.


Weigh it on my palm, it feels very light leh !!! Did they give me expresso instead? Opened up. Nope, not expresso, got foam.....

Wah! So little! What happened? .......did i spill? Nope, brown paper bag was dry.... And foam and cocoa powder all in tact, evidence of no spill.

See it against the light and where my fingers are, wah, slightly more than half a cup only, and THAT'S before stirring in the sugar ......i swear after stirring in the sugar and the foam subside, really left half a cup. I figured that if i sent these pictures and give them the feedback, they gonna say they ran out of the small cup so they served me in a tall cup. So i took the picture against my car key...there! the cup is barely the height of my car key only.

What a rip off! Give me my teh c please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know ho you feel...I once bought 8 MacDonald's cheese burgers to go, paid cheese burger price, got home and found 8 plain hamburgers! Its not the 20centsX8, but felt so bl**dy cheated because too far to drive back and park just to complain.

The cheeseless sister

Suzie Wong said...

Lesson....next time must check!