Monday, December 04, 2006

DO YOU KNOW....

....HIM?

A few years ago (about 3 or 4 years maybe), I was approached to help in a
project led by him (ok, not quite this project but if you continue to click to affiliated sites and then his personal site, wait a while to load, a song comes on....Recognise that voice? Anyway if no time, don't bother, the whole thing takes so long to load).

I was NOT meant to receive a fee for this. Instead, i was promised loads of opportunities that comes with the success of this project. I remembered him saying "What's your fees now? $400? $500 for one song? If this blah blah is successful, we are talking about $4000 to $5000 for you to sing one song, what is $400-$500 now" " Yah, yah!!! Haha! Anyways, not surprised at all that to date, nothing has happened. Or maybe not yet.

If you think I was naive or gullible, let's just say I had complete reservations but since a close friend's brother had wanted a piece of the project and despite some warnings, pleaded with me to help, I did it (you can say just to prove a point, On hindsight, I wouldn't do it now). Anyways it didn't take me more than a night to learn and record this song, that explains why singing a bit not that good lah.

When nothing happened, not even my friend nor the brother called to explain matters. But now almost 4 years later, my friend's brother suddenly called to "touch base". Surprise surprise!!! All because he wanted other advice for something else. When quizzed about this project (just tee-kee la), all he could say was " oh that's the other thing I wanted to tell you, I'm so sorry to have got you involved!" Wah! So touched!

8 comments:

sinlady said...

And the moral of the story is? LOL

Suzie Wong said...

Er.......yah hor? what's the moral huh? Hahaha, no moral story lah, just hoping those people involved will read this and know how inappropriate they are...hahahah....me not cheem like WG always have moral story...heehee

Anonymous said...

I looked at part of the site (too many pages and links)...zen music cool but this is one egoistical person, so no patience to see the extent of his ego. Can't stand people who want to get freebies by trying to paint attractive future upside like doing you a favour and such an honor to pick you to give "offering" to be associated with his greatness. Ego must be inversely proportionate to height :D :D :D.
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

Eh.....agree with other things except for the last line...the height (and ego) word very sensitive leh....hahahah

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Forgot other people vertically challenged too :D. 4'9" really really short for those with Y chromosome leh. My doctor once mused that people who are short and squart are genetically predisposed to be good weightlifters but marathon runners are usually tall and lean for very good reasons, guffaw!
Sis

3A Gurl said...

Another "Free-Lunch" person experience. Oh ... That's what I call these type of people. And the sad thing is they don't even realise that people would have cottoned on after the first bad experience.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ming! As I told you... love reading your blog. All I can say about this guy is:

1) Not very original- I thought it was a site for a Lord of the Rings movie... :)

2) He needs to get someone to write proper English for him- sorry, don't mean to be snobbish but the English is atrocious! Can't even spell "Endorsed" properly...

Suzie Wong said...

HERRO MPIRE.

What a sweet surprise! How are you. Can't resist this guy must comment huh? Haha. Totally agree about his English. If you have heard the song supposedly written by him "Vanity", he insisted that I pronuounce "Vain-i-ty".