Monday, May 21, 2007

WHY DINE ON A WHEEL CHAIR?

I cannot see the appeal of dining on surgical steel tables and sitting on a wheel chair, more so if you have to pay $148 per person for a set meal in cold hospital like environment.


No wonder my barely teenage niece, who heard of this place from TV and some 'atas' friends, did not dare approach grandpa and grandma to take her. She knew the reaction would be violently negative.


I have to live up to the 'fun auntie' image (mistake) and so i agreed to take her, but that was before discovering where my GST rebate was going to end up! When I called to enquired about the menu prices, I almost swoon (now I really need the wheel chair) wanted to back out of our deal. My next question was "can i pay by medisave?'

(click to enlarge collage pictures)

Anyway, to cut the long story short. it wasn't as scary an experience. In fact, contrary to a cold hospital set-up, it turned out to be very pleasant. The staff and restaurant manageress were warm and provided immaculate service. I did enjoy it all. i had to for that price. I might as well had fun with the special seats (see video), and my niece manja-ed her way for them to prepare the 'dragon's breath or nostrils', which according to them was only available in last season's menu--

Check uot these videos to learn how not easy it was to manouvre a wheel chair

Wheel to wash-room : http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/mingassuziewong/?action=view&current=Video007.flv (sorry no sound, at the i said "cheh, never lang-gah!)

Dragon's breath : http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/mingassuziewong/?action=view&current=Video008.flv

At the end of it, I was glad i did not sign to donate the GST subsidy!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah you bring your niece out ah!

Why never bring me ah!

Haha. Anyway my story proposal got accepted so I hope i can meet up with you this week or so!

Suzie Wong said...

Adamadam, i cannot afford to bring you to aurum la, tan tock seng canteen maybe can..lol

oh cool, what project? Am i going to be famous?

This week can, but your sister here has show thur to sat. After show to late anot?

Anonymous said...

Choy!!! Choy!!! Choy!!!! If my late grandma saw this "concept", she'd curse and swear...pan-tang mah! Very bad luck ok... SW, u better steer clear of that wheelchair.

Suzie Wong said...

That's why they have to charge so high for people who game for it cos they know they'll never make money out of you or your grandma....hahaha