Monday, November 20, 2006

FFL EATING HOUSE

Remember my previous post on the $4.80 tung hoon crab?

Ok, now I officially have to give you the location. It's 417/419 East Coast Road. FFL EATING HOUSE (opp Al Forno) . In mandarin it's called "Bu Yeh Tian Yu Tou Lu).

So, that day I went back to try other dishes. This time i had the cereal prawns, pepper salt prawns (jiu yim har), the chilli asparagus, all for $4.80 per small plate. As always, I used my phone to snap some pictures of the dishes.

To ease the curious stares of the staff, I volunteered that I was putting the pictures up on internet for sort-of publicity.

Guess what, 15mins later, out came a complimentary dish "Assam fish" for thanking me! Wah! Is that good service or what?
Maybe i looked like a journalist from some food column! Well, at least they have won my continuous support! I'm defo going back.

7 comments:

sinlady said...

That is so nice of the restaurant. U need to take better pics to deserve complementary food leh. haha

Suzie Wong said...

Let's just say my gigs don't pay me enough to indulge in anything more than a handphone camera.... and you said i was dangerous with my camcorder so i don't bring it out with me anymore.....heehee!

Unknown said...

Me going to try out your makan place some time soon. Looks good. Sounds good. So easy on my now severely depleted pocket book. Woo Hoo...

Suzie Wong said...

Yes Azalea, go try it, but don't raise expectations too high. After all only $4.80, cannot expect jumbo or thai village standard lah!

Anonymous said...

Do u believe it!??? I actually "saw" the restaurant in my dreams last night??? I am thinking of cereal prawn too much!

3A Gurl said...

Found it but was thrown off for a bit by the "Coffee Inn" signboard till I spotted the $4.80 signs posted on their walls. Yumm...

Suzie Wong said...

oh 3a gurl, you like it?