Thursday, November 02, 2006

WARNING: MAY BE BORING...TOTALLY POLE-RELATED

I reckon it will be a while before i can achieve the handspring due to my tiny grip, so I'm practising to improve existing moves so that i don't feel like I'm NOT improving:

1. linking pole moves
You know how previously i had to do one invert stunt, land on the floor and jump up and do another. Now I can try to link 3 to 4 moves while up there on the pole before landing. Jacky Wu Taiwan pole dancers...here i come, think I'm almost ready to compete
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/mingassuziewong/?action=view&current=linkingmoves1nov.flv
(sorry, everything i have to do twice)

2. Shoulder mount to strait edge
The strait edge is darn difficult cos you need core strength to hold up there with your legs NOT wrapped round the pole. Feels like wanna fall backwards. Think today I managed to stay 0.001 second longer, so don't blink, you might miss it. You could hear how happy i was to stay that long
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/mingassuziewong/?action=view&current=shouldermttostraitedge1nov.flv

3. Butterfly
This move is usually done from an invert....i.e. you climb and invert with legs clamping pole, place your hands on pole , hook one leg on pole and stretch out the other. To have to jump up like this requires arm strength. I'm practising this to somehow hope to do the handspring someday (thanks to all those who believed in me, but i'm still far far from it)... hope to post a video when i get it, may be months, or years

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/mingassuziewong/?action=view&current=butterfly31oct.flv

4. Invented my own Spin
I love pole dancing cos there is no fix syllabus and no limit to what you can do. I kindof made up my own spin. A back spin with a v...did it one time, two time and third time i managed to invert from the spin
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/mingassuziewong/?action=view&current=backswingtocrux.flv

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time circus of the sun in town you no need to waste money to go watch anymore...stunts won't be a thrill to you already :)
Sis

wildgoose said...

Cool. So you going to give your invented spin a name?

sinlady said...

oh wow...what a neat idea to have a move named after yourself.

Suzie Wong said...

Sis, wrong, I probably watch all the circus in town. Read my latest post and you know what i mean.

WG, SL, ok, it's not like a new new invention....sure they are many similar versions of spin. In fact i was actually practising something i saw but without the invert. so i went few times until my legs went so high i inverted...haha, maybe somewhere else in the world somebody did that too. The last time i invented something the pole dance forum people called it the "Ming Fling" hahaha....

Anonymous said...

hey there
came across your blog while searching for pole dance courses in singapore.
did you buy your pole in singapore? how much was it? and where did you get it?

Suzie Wong said...

Hey anonymnous,

thanks for dropping by. Didn't buy my pole in singapore, imported it from States....I think i paid too much for it, you can get it cheaper else where

Anonymous said...

thanks...

i can't seem to find any singapore suppliers. as i'm currently in australia, i found poles for about $250 but i'm not sure about the quality. any tips?

anon.