Thursday, November 16, 2006

I WANNA B*TCH ABOUT.....

.............my gig last night. Now that it's over, let me rant.

It was a nice big gig, but i got the job only 2 nights before the event. Why? Because i wasn't the original choice of singer, she pulled out last minute. The event company searched, found me, pleaded with me, negotiated and i relented. Sure the songs were typically those that i can sing, shanghai tan, period mandarin songs, but not all, and i had to put in some effort to learn the rest. When i asked them to email the original program for my reference, my eyes bulked. I saw "WORLD OF SUZIE WONG SHOWTIME"!!!!!!!!! EXCUSE ME! I AM SUZIE WONG! Who was supposed to play me and better than me? No wonder she had to chicken out! Lucky I didn't charge them cheap, can you imagine I was suppose to be a Suzie Wong substitute? Fwah! Very TL lor

Anyway needless to say, I think i did a good job! Of cos rite? IT IS MY SHOW, what am i talking about?

8 comments:

sinlady said...

What a bizzare twist of events...

Anonymous said...

I hope you told the organizers off big time that that's what they get for using "pirated" versions and copy cats. I also hope you charged them a BOMB. BTW, lawyers charge 2X for urgent or last minute work. Even launderettes charge double for 1-day turnaround and 1.5times for 2-day turnaround. Then must charge penalty for trying to use illegal copies. You must also find out who this copycat is. Must add to your website "Beware of copycats".
Sis

wildgoose said...

Really bizarre. Must really find out who...

Suzie Wong said...

sis dear, it's there http://suziewong.com.sg/legendary.aspx hahaha, funny. I actually wrote "beware of imitations, get the original" hahaha. WG,I know who (don't know her personally), it's not her fault, she didn't choose to play the character, it's the people who plan it. Anyway there's some more to it...will tell u when see you all!

Anonymous said...

Ya, I sure hope the organisers paid dearly. And I think they know that they are using the cheaper, pirated version and when the pirated version cannot work, gotta fork out money for the real thing. I'd be so so peeved, too!!! The cheek of these pp!!!! Somemore can send u the "Suzie Wong Show" program!!!!!! The nerve of it all(&*^&*%^#$@#!#$^&%^&*(*)_(&^$#!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*)(*(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_++_)(*&^%$#@!~!@#$%^&*((*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*((*&^%$#@!~!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*(*&*(*((*&&!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()^&*(^&*%^&*#

Suzie Wong said...

Haha VB, thanks, i think they get the drift!

I love you all

Anonymous said...

BTW, if it happens again, u want to send me to deal with them? I am told that I am very very good esp. when I go completely crazy. And I am not being humble abt my virtues.

Suzie Wong said...

Haha, VB, I will send you if it happens in HK. Over here i can still deal with it.