Wednesday, September 28, 2005

KEE-DUM DA-DUM


Isn't Quidam just so good? Not so much of their acrobatic acts since you've seen them all in Moscow circus, chinese acrobatic acts, Las Vegas Mega Hotel shows and 30-second to fame thingie, it's all in the choreo, lightings, costumes and mostly, the music. Even the blue-yellow grand chapiteau makes a whole lot of difference! Only 1 or maybe 2 complaints though. I felt that there were too many of the trapeze-type, hanging from air act. If I could remember, there were the red cloth one, white ropes, the swing and the 3 girls with hoola hoop one. But my friend reminded me that this is a no-animal circus act, so what do I expect other than having people swing-here-swing there? True also, but I thot the 5 or 6 mostly chinese girls re-inventing the thread wheel thing spinning with 2 rods and thread was very very creative. Secondly, think the tickets are exorbitant. But what the **** (whatever word that fits you, they are all 4-letters), I bought and watched anyway, albeit not the most expensive one. Actually I got 1 more complaint but I retracted it later. I was angry at how they never picked the cheapo (or the less affluent) audience in any of their audience interactive acts (makes economic sense though) When that 1st clown picked the front row "chio-bu with T-strings" to do the car-ride act, I was like "why don't pick me, I'm an entertainer, hence I can do so-o-o much better". But when I saw how he messed up her nicely piled hair, her boy-friend cringed and how she still had to pout a "I'm ok, I'm cool" smile, I was all "heng-ah". Haha, but that was funny. So next time if go out with new date to watch cirque de soleil, either don't wear too chio or don't sit right in front!

Anyway, a nice picture of the chapiteau and my chubby niece



Haha, she's so cool with those Paris Hiltonic shades. My family quite drama lor. In fact my family just introduced my niece to her first singing performance stint during one of the recent Chinese Clan dinners (yup, the chee-na type). My entire family being members of this clan has made us regular perfomers at their dinners. Unfortunately for me, having the same surname as everyone in the clan means you are family, and being family means you not suppose to charge your performance fee..urghh!! So, Now me trying to make protege out of my niece so that I can be relieved of this kindred role. So here goes, her debut performance on stage with a very cute fan in front


Aiya, why was I at the background? She was too nervous....so only this time la. Anyway there's more. As if one entertainer and 1 protege in the family is not enough, let me introduce you to my mum........

..........

..........

..............


Ta-dah.....I think my mum is so stylo. At over 60, she's still so cool. I'm a huge fan of mum.

Mum's the one on the right, the hansome one. Talk about drama........ think can turn my home to school of arts already!

No comments: