Monday, November 07, 2005


LOVE MY PEACOCK DRESS

Have been wanting to post this up because I love what I wore for the opening of the Shanghai Gala event. Bought this some years back from my regular seamstress. She must have sewn this and rented to a bride, but now she no longer in the bridal business (these days she sews the elaborate ballroom dance costumes and my costumes) so she asked me if I wanted to buy it. It was pretty, but I thought I will never have an occasion to wear this because those who know me know that this look is not very me.

Now, THIS IS me,


either this or the Cheena Suzie Wong look



Since my seamstress gave an irresistable price, I took it home and has been sitting in the wardrobe for a while. It's so colourful I call it the peacock dress.

So when I was told it was a Gala event and in China, hmm, I thought this would work because I always watch on TV those new year countdown events held in some big stadium in China and the Soprano female singers always don on one of these gowns, complete with immaculate make -up and hair piled up, with sideburns rolled into tendrils.

Worked it did, many came to tell me they liked my get-up, in fact a chinese model at the event told me I looked like a disney character. I choose to think she means the princess (or at least minnie the mouse) and not winnie the pooh.

A picture I took with Eric Moo, yes he was the guest star for the event (same picture, but one with and one without flash)


Eric raising the temperature with his powerful yet soulful vocals.

Hmm.... yes, he is very good....our pride and joy indeed.

Ok, nowadays I don't have very much time to blog, so til now, just about the event la. Will post pictures of Shanghai shopping and clubbing next, and yes, Ms Sin lady, also the bl**dy square pervert (yes, can you beat that, he is square) who sat next to me, that one must take tme to refresh my memory because it was like a 5-hour of him trying to pick me up. Haha, funny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a nice dress.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Eric Moo is cool!

Anonymous said...

hey, you haven't told us your pervert story yet. And how about rest of pictures?