Monday, February 06, 2006

YEAH LADIES....BELLY DANCE WENT BELLY WELL...THANK YOU

Phew! Still managed to put the dance together, happy to have attracted some "oohs & aahs". In fact I made small changes to my routine. I used to use the veil, now on top of the veil, i cut 2 more smaller pieces (like hankerchief) from the same coloured chiffon veil, sew finger loops, hung some weight at the end of the hankerchiefs and slipped one on each of my fourth finger. So when half way through the dance i shed my veil, it exposed the 2 hankerchiefs and when i did some turns and hand movements, the hankerchiefs added the much needed fluidity which i lacked. Haha, clever not? Actually Ms Sin L, as you probably guessed it, it was inspired by the poi.

Actually this event was themed Bollywood. As i was MC for the evening, they wanted me to do a belly dance segment (yah, i know belly middle eastern). How's my attempt to look bollywood? Hmm...not very successful huh? anyway this skirt really bought from serangoon and the entire get up that comes with the a micro mini heavily beaded top cost me about $400 plus, but the top was too small (??) , so i wore this top instead, bought from bangkok

6 comments:

Simone said...

Woo hoo! Belly nice :)

I like the colour of your outfit and the sheen on the skirt. And the jewellery .... niiiiiice!!

The important thing also is that you wowed them. I so wish that one day I get to see you in action, Ms Hot Stuff!

Anonymous said...

You mean the top was too small generally, or you were more, eh...well endowed than the tailors anticipated for someone who would wear that size :) ?

Isn't it ironic that in the past, people used to think you were "huan nah kia" when you didn't relish looking like one?

The same unhappening sister

3A Gurl said...

Toasty! And vampish too. You go Girl!

Anonymous said...

^5 to you for bellydancing again. Middle East music is still my personal fave music and dance form. And LOVE your costume! Learn the poi lah ... no need fire also can :)

Suzie Wong said...

Thank you for the compliments. Just sold another belly dance show today! Looks like still belly good lah! Sister, i suppose to look indian!

Anonymous said...

Oh! b4 this thread goes into oblivion, I have to tell you your arms now very very impressive :) And ya, long curls very sexi too!