Monday, May 08, 2006

JAMES GOMEZ DETAINED

Wah, Gomez the hammer now even hotter than Tammy the NYP liao. Here's the news on his detention on you tube.

James was my course mate in NUS Political Science. Pretty serious and aloof guy way back then. Then he looked like this, but never quite seen him smile like that.


I took political science for fun, well, not actually.....was actually thrusted with it due to no better options. But because it wasn't quite my cup of tea, I studied it candidly, picking easy units, memorizing them without much thought, just so that I can be awarded my degree. Guess that's why I never made friend with James, he had other reasons for taking the course!

Many people must have felt unhappy and think very petty of the Elections Department. I'm not here to judge but somehow I'm probably one of the few who can share the sentiment of the Elections Department. This whole seemingly trivia saga reminds me of my last Shanghai Hotel experience.

Remember my Shanghai airport saga (read
here if interested in long story)? Prior to the ultimate saga, I was accused by the hotel reception of owing them the room charges, when the full bill had actually been paid during check in (just like the Election Dept accused of misplacing the minority form). I had to ransack my luggage to find the receipt (equivalent to going thru the CCTV) to proof my point, and when I did, the stupid hotel staff just took a glance, key some stuff into the computer and said "mei shi le, mei shi le" (no issue already, you can go now). WHAT? I didn't even get an apology, at least James did. At this juncture, just like the PAP, I felt that this "mei shi le" wasn't good enough! I wanted to pursue....I went after the dodging staff, separated by the counter, and kept asking him "why huh? why you say I didn't pay? Explain....explain lah". Haha, so you see my point? Someone makes a mistake, when discovered try to push responsibilty and than when cornered, just "mei shi le, mei shi le" is not good enough. He was lucky I was rushing to the airport. If not I could have gone on and on "huh...huh..." probably until the security have to stop me. I ask you, you TL or not when someone tries to discredit you?

Anyway, if you still don't know what i mean, download this Mr Brown's
podcast. Many people heard already, very funny. Must be patient, takes a while, but worth the wait. For an account on what happen at the Election Dept, check out this link. Anyway you can find loads of news about the otherwise unknown James the Gomez.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The te-gua very funny. lol. thanks for the link

Simone said...

Eh, I was a PolSci student too (cos Psychology was full), around the time of JG though he was my senior lah. Did we ever meet back then?? My modules were mainly on political theory and international relations. And I don't remember a thing now! Hahahahhaha!

Suzie Wong said...

yah, yah, i took political theory too and i don't even remember what else!haha. That shows how a-political we are! hopw could i miss a pretty face like yours, i must have been senior senior.