Tuesday, August 29, 2006

HEALTHY FOOD IN HONG KONG

This is my least exciting trip to Hong Kong ever, I mean, in terms of food and shopping. After my medical condition and all, i had to ensure i did not burn myself out, so basically, i stayed much in my hotel room watching the favourite Jade (Fei Chui) channel, going out only occsaionally to eat super-duper healthy meals, and visiting ONLY TWO of my favourite outlets (But i still managed to sign away about HK$3500!!)

Anyway, despite my health i still managed a great event (yeah Kitson? with your help, of course)

Here is the super-duper healthy food, and i think Hong Kong is great for that.

First the Yiu Chai (steam oyster veggie......you never get them that green in Singapore)
Then take a look at this yummy rice with veggie cooked inside (like baby food). It came with the pork ribs, but i was happy to eat just the rice.

Lastly, the LOR MAI KAI.....wrapped delactably in lotus leave and see what i found inside... .the whole middle portion of the chicken wing! How wonderful is that!! Had this at the airport for breakfast bythe Cafe de Coral (Da Jia Ler) fast food.

My camera very under-utilised this time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, the veggies are not steamed. Sorry, I am a foodie and ardent cookery fanatic.... so u can understand lah! They are blanched. Also, oyster sauce not so healthy. Next time, ask them for the "lor" sauce..... not healthy but slightly better (according to HKies). Besides, green leafy veggie not good in the summer, only winter. The melons & gourds are best now.

Veggie rice with ribs - very easy to mk....... this option better than yr glutinuous rice with chicken wings!!!! Aiyoh!!! Very hard to digest glutinuous rice ok especially if u are recovering.
Sorry, I know I am being kay-poh but hv to put things right mah!!!
Verybelly38

Suzie Wong said...

Ok, ok...blanched.....wah, so chim, never even heard of this term...haha.. And lor sause???? Sounds so hokkien...lor for sause..hahaha

No, i did not finish the glutinous rice, yes i felt them stuck in my stomach, but couldn't resist the picture so must buy to check out the chicken wings

Anonymous said...

Pay attention : blanched, not steamed. Too cheem never heard of it. haha. I LOVE dat.