Saturday, February 03, 2007

HERE COMES THE BRIDE

For the past 2 weeks i have been performing at weddings. Both weddings i provided what i call 'live march in' where instead of playing a CD, i sing live and at the same time lead the wedding couple in from the ballroom entrance, down the aisle and to the stage for cake cutting, all within the song.

Today i was standing by at the foyer much earlier, because the ballroom was kind-of small and i felt rather uncomfortable waiting by the DJ console.

With both of us equally dolled-up, I was standing opposite the bride while she greeted the late-arriving guests. The only differences were I wasn't wearing white and I had a microphone in hand which made it rather obvious i was either an MC or singer. Still, many came to shook my hands to congratulate me!!!!!!! Oops....I had to walk away to avoid stealing the unintentional limelght!

4 comments:

sinlady said...

Oh, so flattering and how fun :)

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh! So embarrassing!
What song do u sing when the happy couple march in? "Here comes the bride with the big backside"? version? Tell me.

Suzie Wong said...

Er, SL, flattering? i think they just blur.

Vb, i feel embarrased for the people who had to be re-directed to the bride! song: from this moment, shania twain

Anonymous said...

Maybe because you better looking :D :D D:
Sis