Tuesday, February 13, 2007

JUST MY INNER THOUGHTS...........

.............a reminder of God's goodness..........

Tithing is a tricky business. It's meant to be one-tenth voluntary contribution. I think people have different versions of "one-tenth". Is it based on gross, net, and if net, net of what? Fixed expenditures, taxes, fines, CPF?

Don't do it thinking you can ask anything in return. It's not easy, but i still did it despite the fine. But God took care of it. First He gave me a last minute booking for last Sat's show, fee of which pretty much took care of the fine. Then yesterday, i received another booking for tonight's gig. Something tells me I'm doing it right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Cheng answered that question many years ago lah...it's of GROSS salaries, including employer's CPF, and cannot nett off anything. It's your total receipts. After his sermon, I remember that year I decided to "pay back" to God 1/10 of all my employer's CPF portion for that year in instalments :D :D :D. It was quite painful. But luckily at that time I hadn't worked for long after uni.
Your sometimes holy-moly sis

Suzie Wong said...

Woo-hoo! Got 1 comment, i knew would be you, at least 1 person knows what I'm tokking about....

Hahaha, even tho i don't quite remember Pastor Cheng's sermon, i always practice that. But sometimes when "cheen chun" time and i'm sure many will "self-deceit", very tempted to base on net.

I'm proud to know we both sisters to date still maintain good practice lah, but hor, you don't spoil market about the employER's CPF leh!

I think this post will surprise some that beneath this pole'fessional dancer hides quite a God-fearing holy-moly person too....kekekeke