Sunday, February 11, 2007

THE LIONS SHOW......

So I just got this job yesterday, knew nothing about my role, no knowledge if it is was a private party whatsoever.............only had information of the show time and venue.

Only when i arrived i realised it was a relatively huge, public-outdoorish event, and my job was to do the pre ra-ra thingie (i'm usually quite good at that) to attract the crowd before the arrival of the lions.........i was done and left the building before the lions even arrived.......so didn't see any of them! The much needed pre-activities was, i suppose, to ensure there were enough people welcoming them, as there were lots of competition for attention today at the Vivocity. At least 2 other roadshows were happening within the vicinity, one of which also spotted some radio celebs fronting their campaigns!

As always, the independent me had no assistants, so no one helped me take pictures nor video during the show. The only proof i was there is this.

Anyway, all i had to do was to sing 15mins, got some audience dancing, clapping and screaming. I must say i did quite well during this short span as i saw the crowd before me swelled to such extent the entrances were blocked and needed traffic control. I was thinking aloud the pole show would have worked even better . Then shortly, i realised y why they had not considered my pole show...........

They got the lions to do it!!!!

Ah......shucks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have brought RQ to watch lion dance, but I think the male population would have prefered your pole dancing to the lions' pole dancing :D.
Got pineappples golfballs from Mum yet?
Sis

Anonymous said...

Should have brought RQ to watch lion dance, but I think the male population would have prefered your pole dancing to the lions' pole dancing :D.
Got pineappples golfballs from Mum yet?
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

Not yet, sis....so precious not sure if mum's gonna share them with me

Simone said...

This is heeeeeeelarious!!!! Can't stop laughing :)))

Anonymous said...

OMIGOD!!!!!!! Alamak!!!! Your pole show better than lions lah!!!! I thought lions only did lion dance?!!! Unbelieveable. BTW, that pole looks like it came fm the "ngoh kim" shop in some industrial estate!