Sunday, June 03, 2007

SUZIE SIZZLES!


YES I WAS ONE HOT SUZIE

Not what you think, like a hot sexy mama.....

I was performing at a family day at Sentosa this noon in sveltering 40 dg


See the sweat dripping on my forehead at second picture (click to enlarge picture)? haha, like melting like that.

It was a huge event. It was no fun getting in, finding parking. There were people everywhere. Carparks were full, buses were full, roads were congested.

It makes me wonder what will happen to people living in Sentosa Cove when there are events like these. What more when resorts world opens! Think i need a helicoptor to get in.

When i came home, I needed therapy...I did say no butter cream for time being to shed kilos, but i didn't say no baking...so here goes, first attempt at cookies! hee.
Ok, so all the baking experts, need your advice. while the cookies taste very good, they don't hold together very well. As in not frm, bite only all reduce to small crumps. Where did I go wrong? The mixing, folding ????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you make shortbread, as in flour, butter, sugar and egg yolk and maybe a bit of of cold water? Must look at recipe. Egg white makes cookies hard but if too much, can use to stone people.
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

Now to think of it, sounds like shortbread fomula. Yes, everything you mentioned except flour was self-raising. Today I bring to office in plastic bag all became crumps. So i should put it the white?

Anonymous said...

Email me recipe first or you get rock buns :D
Sis

wildgoose said...

You're getting adventurous with your baking. You must be enjoying it loads. I remember enjoying baking most in home econs class - cos I love cakes and cookies. :)~~

Suzie Wong said...

Yes, WG. in fact with my sis tips, i just made another batch last night..hee

Anonymous said...

hey, i didn't know you bake too! i bake alot at home, we can get together sometime to do it. i do cookies and cakes too :)

let me know when is good for you..

elna:)

Suzie Wong said...

Hello Elna. yes i just picked up baking recently. If you read into the thread how i started with my butter cream cake, you'll know what motivated me....hahaha

what's your specialty?