Wednesday, October 11, 2006

DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING CHARITY

Today i received a call from someone whom i met at one of the shows (one of those available at the side link videos). He put on his most charmng voice trying to sell me an opportunity to perform at a charity concert, as though it's a chance of a lifetime for my big break..

I politely told him I'd love to do it, but let me get back to him on the "charitable" rate (lower than my regular rates) i would be charging.....than there was silence.......and when he came back on, he was telling me how he was doing it without getting paid..

hmmmm......I love doing charity,....in fact i am a very charitable person. I show it in different ways...i'm one of those, besides other regular donations, who will walk up to visually impaired people to buy tissues even though i already have 5 unopened packs in my handbag from my last purchase (i'd say purchase because i think they would like to feel that they are conducting a trade)....but hello, can anyone see I'm singing for a living (well almost). Even the ex-dialysis CEO get paid, well paid!

No comments: