Saturday, October 28, 2006

I just got MARRIED!

......my client almost made me feel this way! Boy, did I worry you?

Remember I said I was going to perform at an 88 year-old birthday? No, it wasn't him who made me feel this way, it was his son, who hired me. I think he fell in love with Suzie Wong. After my set, I was packing my stuff when he sent the banquet captain looking for me.....My first thought was "got hong pow is it"? Nope, no hong pow, instead, he dearly held on to my hand bringing me from table to table to "yum seng with his guests" and introducing them all to me??????Machiam like wedding anot?

As an entertainer, I had to put on my smile and after a few tables, I pretended to be tipsy and sneaked away. I went back to the make-shift changing area and contunued packing my stuff..The captain came again "he asking for you again". I replied "tell him i in the ladies purging la". Captain left me and in less than 5mins came again "cannot, he kept asking for you non stop, if you not coming along i also don't dare to go out" Wa kao, win already lor? Wait, there's more. when his throng offered me their drinks from their cups and i politley declined, this admirer of mine can offer me his saying "it's ok, this is mine". Duh?


Never mind about how i got out of it, spare you details of more tug of wars before i managed to call it quits, but the bottom line is "NO HONG POW".....#$%*@..

I was so stressed I had to chill, so dropped by at actors, my fave joint. Along the way, found a trishaw who offered me to sit on his Harley for a photo opportunity.


Oh, I like the short, so retro right? Well, think that's what is appealing to him! Bah!

12 comments:

sinlady said...

okok- u got me there for minute LOL. Can't decide whether u should be flattered or freaked. Guess it's freaked out cos it was just too much. Love the pic. And you do look absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Almost fainted abt yr "wedding"!!!!! Anyway, lovely photo but know what, it would be even more quaint if u were in yr Suzie Wong outfit!!!!!

Suzie Wong said...

Oh thanks ladies.....but no la, vb, walking around in suzie wong outfit will freak people on the street thinking it's 7th month.

anyay, vb, sin lady replied (in case you didn't see) see will reserve that weekend for you....

I have gigs but will defintely join you all after, so be prepared to stay!

Anonymous said...

I was there last night. Your performance led me to this blog. well done

Suzie Wong said...

Oh oops! Haha....thanks anonymous....and you are?

Anonymous said...

Scarly the "anonymous" who said was there and saw your act is your admirer! Since your ardent fan sure to visit your website and blog, herhelk! Since he likes retro ladies, maybe after reading your blog, he will lament to himself "hei tzi mo tzeng". If the dad 88 years old, how old was admirer? Good looking or gross? Got long suffering wife watching him embarrass himself or still cannot find wife type? No wonder you still laffing about this at 3am last night. BTW, I lol when I read about the 7th month comment.
Your kaypoh sis

Suzie Wong said...

Oooh Spooky...that's what i thot, sis, about the anonymous comment, cos i received an sms next day from him thanking me about the good show.....the way it phrased sounds similar...OMG! It's ok, let him know how i felt also good, don't think i can pray pray night club singer type.....He ha, Got wife type....not gross but not hunk also. But if I looking for someone to "Pao" me for $20k a month type can do lah!Hahaha! I must be broke to even blurt hat..hahaha.....anyway forgot to add in main blog....i must have been huay to the core to be approached by a "Gor-Tai" organiser to ask if i interested to perform for them....faint!

Anonymous said...

Wah liao! But nowsaday gor-tai very hips already leh...2 pretty young things Engrish-Ed cousins were in the news recently about having earned a bundle runnng-stage during 7th month. Maybe this gor tai tao gay looking to upgrade his act by getting higher-class act...now the ghosts/spirits also more modern...21st century ghosts...must burn iPODS already. Caught the broke-joke :D.
Sis

Anonymous said...

Yup read bout them, quite 'er xing' actually....hope i don't have to do that..

.........and yes, i shall be 'cheen chun' for the next two months.....boo-hoo...lol

Anonymous said...

BTW, I went for Queenstown Lutheran Church's 40th Bday, same age as me...should have provided them with our kindergarten and pre-K photos picking flowers and performances :D:D:D. Then I found out this lady who's wife of ex-QLC paster whom I've known for 15 years and whose pastor-husband baptised RQ was OUR KIndergarten principal in early 70s!!! But I so blur then didn't even know what principal looked like, LOL. The pastors whose boring sermons we couldn't understand were there too :D.

Suzie Wong said...

Sorry... boring sermons now or then? I don't even remember there were sermons then

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I vaguely remember we were subjected to sermons once in a while in the sanctuary (opposite hall) by the angmoh reverend (which I now know is Rev Nelson) when I couldn't understand English, much less his American accent, and then there was the chinese Rev Tong, whom I only remember because I once forgot to bring knickers to change into after "swimming" session in the 1-ft "pool" and had to borrow from Rev's daugther :D:D:D. You should upload your hongchai meimei photo here...super retro even at 5yrs old LOL.