Wednesday, December 20, 2006

CAN'T STOP BLOGGING

Now that my blog is unlocked, I can't stop blogging! Isn't it scary that it's like first a pager, than computer, than a handphone, than internet connection.......it's ok if you don't have it, but once you have it, you cannot live without it????? Like I was telling some of you, my life was coming to a standstill when this damn thing was locked! Please don't spam it lah!

So, so many things to catch up I don't know where to start.

All I can remember now is, I'm happy to have a good start to 2007 for my JANUARY 2007 schedule is well-filled, some of the dates already fully booked! This, despite my POLE DANCE SHOW so quickly already known to have copy cats! So, party, cakes, have to wait.

I was singing at an event when on the opposite ballroom i spotted not 1, but 2 pole props set up of stage, almost exactly like mine. 2 skimpily clad girls where gyrating with, and to the pole. Audience were invited to dance with the pole like i would in my promotion videos. I walked over and quickly the event people were introduced to me and sheepishly clarified that theirs were "just dancing, no stunts like yours". Cool, seems that they know I'm the REAL STUFF! Then next day my boss went for an event presentation and at the mention of my pole show, the client said "Oh someone already sold us this idea". When pursued further with my most recent video, the client were clearly impressed with my pole stunts and declared what they were offered by another company was not like that!

Remember my "Pole'fessional Entertainer"? The name has caught on in USA, someone actually using this name too!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

U r experiencing what all creative inventors feel. Can u imagine wat we go thru? Sue copycats, lose and pay legal costs, get sued by copycats in US, we win and still pay legal costs, literally running into millions.
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

Sigh, sister dear, feel for you. I know, somemore mine small small business already so stress.

So VB, i suppose that answers the question about patenting.....haiz don't bother lah... what if with a full stop, hyphen, inverted comma and people say it's different!

wildgoose said...

Woohoo! Welcome back. Missed your postings.

Well, imitation is the best form of flattery. ;) But I can understand it's frustrating when it affects your biz.

Simone said...

YAAAAAY! So happy your blog has been unblocked; it must've been soooo frustrating. Anyways, glad you're back and like Wildgoose said, you've been missed.

As for the copycats, GAH! JERKOS. How on earth can they derive any sense of satisfaction from STEALING from others!!

sinlady said...

so happy to see you resurrected! Was really worried for u and ourselves too since we don't know what happened.

Suzie Wong said...

Thanks all for the welcome! Haha, very heartwarming indeed.

Anonymous said...

Part and parcel of "sue and be sued" game lah where patents/trademarks are concerned. I hv done my fair share at my previous job......very tedious.

But we all know who the real one with gang-hu is!! Shame on copycats!!!

3A Gurl said...

guess you should have registered your "pole-fessional entertainer". that way your creations are protected, well ... to a certain extent. listening to new batch of CDs and think you may like one of the songs. update you later