Wednesday, April 05, 2006

SAWADEE

Hosted an event 2 nights ago attended by the Thai ambassador and Governor, so had to don on a Thai outfit. For a long time I had not had to rent a costume because I own most of the stuff, but this is one I really did not have....so I guess a Thai outfit will make it to my shopping list of my next Bangkok trip

Since this is a rented outfit, as you can see, it didn't fit me so well and i actually look quite fat

This another wig I bought from HK, but this only a hair attachment piece where you 'kiap' it to your own pony tail (not a good idea, caused a lot of hair to drop). Couldn't resist taking a picture in the loo again

The event featured also some real Thai dancers, very very sweet ladies, in fact some are beauty queen title holdersAm hesitant to post the photo I take with them cos afraid I will pale standing beside them......but aiyah.....what the heck......post lah

Ok la, I not so bad hor.

It was an official event, so I had to be careful with my words. But I attempted a Thai song to relax the mood, actually got some people singing and dancing along, so I guessed they were thrilled with my song. Anyway, was glad it all turned out well, because you know how all those protocol things just stifle the poor MC.

Last night I did another job which had a much more relaxed atmosphere, a sales conference welcome dinner attended by only 40 people. No photos because although only 40 people, I was juggling everything, the games, the MC, the entertainment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sawadee ka! And oh, let me guess - the song would be bird mcIntyre's "sabai sabai" :)

Suzie Wong said...

Haha!Good guess. Was trying to learn this one but not in time. So sang another one called 'Ku Gud' instead