Monday, May 28, 2007

BIRTHDAY POLE PARTY

You read about my Wednesday's recce of this place called Marco Anywhere. So last Saturday was the actual party.It was meant to be a favour for my teacher as the birthday boy is her friend. The truth is, NO, I did not have a good time. To me, it was a wrong place or party to perform something so demanding. The guests were hardly impressed, they perceived us as no different from the go-go girls. We could have just 'humped' the pole it was no different to them. The response was a far cry from the impromptu sneak performance on the recce night, and definitely nothing like my own pole gigs at my own events.

For an unpaid assignment like this, poor me, I did not even get to eat or enjoy properly. The moment I arrived from another of my own (paid) gig, I was summoned to go on the podium to 'take over' the other girls (my pole course mates) as they were running out of steam from having performed 2 sets already. Alamak, least to say have a bite or drink, I was not even allowed to warm up or stretch out proper, I even forgot to wrap up my injured elbow. Haiya......that explains the even more lacklustre performance (watch only if you very free)

After this, i gave excuse not to dance anymore. Afterall I receive no fee, I have no need to be obliging. So I sat down and have whatever were left of the cold catered food while my pole course mates seemed to have more fun playing 5-10 with each other and downed the free birthday beer.

Well, but it was not all bad, at least i knew someone was secretly watching or admiring us. This lady was probably so inspired she went on the podium and emulated some of our spins. She even attempted to invert and she tickled her friends so much they could not stop taking pics or videos of her. Aha, now they know what we did were no means feat.
2. The highlight of the evening must have been the birthday boy made to strip and pole dance. I must give him credit, he did the goddess spin perfectly.....!!!!
Soon, I headed for Actors again, where I felt so much more at home.......Hmm.....remind me not to take this type of 'assignments' in future, not unless its with a fee, or not unless I'm hard-up for a practice!

2 comments:

sinlady said...

wah - you've been really busy these last 2 weeks!

Suzie Wong said...

yes, i have. welcome back. can't wait to hear all about your trip