Thursday, May 24, 2007

DON'T PRAY PRAY!

Hee this was fun, but a tad 'how lian", but i don't know why i did that.


This seems like a busy week, contrary to last gig-free week. Besides almost nightly gigs, come this Saturday my pole dance teacher has a little assignment for us. A friend is throwing a birthday party at Marco Anywhere (previously anywhere) and has invited some of us students to show off our pole skills. We love this type of communal pole dancing, even if its for free.


We went to check out the place just now. There are 4 lovely built-in poles, 2 by the stage and 2 on a podium near the bar. Only problem was we were not sure of the pole condition. For us, it is important for the poles to be of certain texture so that we can cling & hang upside down. The several club 'dancers' who were taking turns to 'perform' during the band break didn't do much to help us determine if the poles were suitable, because all they did were bodywaved and gyrated their way to get ladies' drinks, you know what i mean?


So when the live band came on stage, the club dancers took a break from the poles. This was when my teacher commissioned me to try out the poles nearer the bar. I was reluctant (don't want to appear like snatching the dancers' rice bowl) but well, someone has to do it. So I got up and within 30 secs completed 5 different poses in succession (the bat, the scorpio, the tammy, the aysha and the gemini). Before i could offer my verdict and gave an all clear that the pole was workable, i realised the patrons AND the live band had come to a standstill. They were rather awed!

The band singer actually stopped mid-way his 'desparado' to invite me on stage: "Can that sexy girl please come on stage?" I shook my head , no thanks. He went again "please, can you please come up. OMG, did you all see what she did? Please come up, what's your name". Ok, Ok, I strutted onto stage. I didn't want be a spoil spot, neither do i want to engage in trivia interview, so on an impulse, I took over the microphone from him and said " I want to sing this song" and went on to to finish 'desperado' for him! hahahaha.

By now the singer was dumb-founded. Everyone was either clapping or looking at my direction when i walked off the stage. I quickly told my teacher and the rest "Let's go". I must be in a high, but i didn't even drink!

On my way home, i couldn't stop laughing and couldn't help but wondered what the h*ll i did. I think i left quite a deep impression there(shrug! hee!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of a kind, Sis :)! Come to think of it, you and Mom are two of a kind :D :D :D! Wish I was there to see it. Sounds like something straight out of a feel-good movie :). Fantastic!
Sis

Anonymous said...

Your amazed sis just read the blog again. Know what it sounds like? Modern-day Cinderella...you came, you wowed and stunt, and left while they were still dumbfounded and they still do not know who you are, where you came from and where to find you agaiin!!! :D:D:D So darn funny.
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

Hahahaha sister, even now as i think about it or read it i still can't stop laughing....it was really quite funny.

And the fact was i didn't just sing (like some amateur type), i really can sing that song quite well, like going one octave higher at certain points, retard and tarek some notes...raise my hand to guide the accompanying band when to stop and what not (i mean i do that at actors jamming all the time).

When i came back down, one of my pole course mate, with hands clasped and eyes opened so wide she said "Suzie! that was awesome". Then my teacher said "OMG! You upstaged him (the singer)"

Your cinderella analogy quite funny

Anonymous said...

That's the funny part...there were 2 amazing acts and the poor lead singer didn't know what hit him. After you stole the show from him so much that the band had to stop to watch your lightning stunts, he thought he was inviting on to his stage just a sexy pole dancing nymph who would probably giggle and act coy and sexy and be happy to get all the attention, and he would do a mini sexy banter interview thingy to entertain the crowd...and didn't expect to be upstaged, again, on his own stage and turf! Can't stop laughing about the poor sap who's probably still wondering what hit him!
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

Ok ok, sister. I take my hats off you. You got it all down in writing! That's exactly it! I couldn't even tell what was so funny about. If you don't practise law, you could be a writer, a very good one!

Anonymous said...

Long-winded in my old age :D:D:D
Sis

Anonymous said...

.....and you were saying...make butter cream cakes. maybe tomorrow get talent spotted and off to a-me-de-ka! we've to wait long long for the cake hor!

Suzie Wong said...

Haiyo researcher, I don't have oversized shades and manicured nails maybe visa to a-me-di-ka cannot approve leh!

Besides, my talent good enough only for xin-jia-po, because i think a-medika people cannot understand my singlish! still butter dream more achievable for me! hee

Anonymous said...

you mean this person don't know you are the chill padi of actors?