Thursday, July 05, 2007

THIS PLACE DESERVES THE MENTION


It was meant to be a dinner ta-pau (take away) for me, but the area was so cosy i decided to sit down and enjoy the surroundings while I have my prata and teh tarek. Yes, alone.

After all i needed to familiarize Evans Road as this Sunday i shall be performing again for
NUS homecoming (so fast 1 year already), except this time will be held at the Bt Timah Campus , which i'd never been.
(pictures taken just now after dinner)

Sorry, digressed.....back to the dinner...

After I gobbled down the cheese prata and had a sip of my teh tarek, i got greedy and ordered a tissue prata with chocolate and fresh lime juice.

But before my 2nd helping arrived, the traffic guy suddenly appeared out of nowhere which saw a few of us illegal roadside parkers dashing out to take our cars away to safe areas. As i was not very familiar with the place it took me quite a few minutes to locate a legitimate lot.

As I was walking back to the prata cafe, it don on me that i have not paid & I have no one left behind to pay. They just trusted that I'll come back, after all i already ate 1 whole cheese prata. I could have gone, and had a free meal. Just a thought, you know Suzie won't do that, but they won't.

But when i returned, wah, these were already on my table. So nice.

Not only that, for all that i had, 2 delactable pratas and 2 drinks, only $7.50, no GST, no service charge.

Side track......Oh-oh, these cars kenna already!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it as good as the one hear your NUS hostel? I saw this place many times cos RQ had to go to the swimming complex for PE lessons last year for 6 months? BTW there are legit parking lots on the kindergarten side of the shop building
Sis

Suzie Wong said...

OIC. Later i found many car parks, but i was suppose to ta-pau, remember? so never park legally lor. just thought collect & go.

Hmm, actually all pratas taste quite the same to me so i cannot compare but the area very nice

wildgoose said...

This place is not bad save for the mozzies (I'm a mozzie magnet!). But my fave is still the prata house at upper thomson road near the post office. Crispy on the outside.

sinlady said...

my friend's place (wine connection) is right next door!

Suzie Wong said...

WG, yeah, i like the thomson one too, but only been there once.

SL,oh that's another lovely place, pity me no drink wine