Tuesday, March 27, 2007

CAN YOU TELL WHAT THIS IS?

After a lovely dinner by the beach, we strolled to the jetty to see some people catching fish.

It was a good thing the fisherman didn't want this octopus. The minute it departed the net, with outstretched tentacles and big eyes, it made a bee-line towards the sea beneath the jetty.

It was an interesting sight as it had such survival instinct it didn't care who was pointing a camera towards it (and all the way exclaiming 'so cute', 'so cute'), and it knew exactly which way to go, without one second stopping to wonder where the water was.

It reminded of how my sister described me when i was a small partcipant in the school sports day dashing across the finishing line. The way she described how my eyes were wide opened and running fervently with my chin up, I reckoned I looked like this 8-legged creature last night running to save its life!

But another sea creature was not as lucky. Sigh! This sting ray, about a foot big was lying there gasping for air. I too have the photo but a little sad to post it here.

1 comment:

wildgoose said...

Good for the octopus.