Monday, March 19, 2007

BUTTER CREAM CAKES ANYTIME!

If you do not know by now that I am an HUGE fan of butter cream cake, you are not a close friend of mine (ok, I'm only counting those living in Singapore).

Ok, so it is hard to find a decent butter cream cake bakery as i understand it to be a dying trait. Many people who know of my unusual taste have recommended me places but have yet to discover one that matches up to the stuck up bakery located at middle road. I paid up to $70 for my 2kg birthday cake, and that is after some begging, pleading with the lady owner to bake it for just this one special occasion. The volume for her popular golf-ball pineapple tarts orders for chinese new year is so high she would stop taking orders for any other kinds of cakes at least 2 months before.

Enough is enough, I don't enjoy begging her. I remembered once asking her when she refused my order "ok, tell me, how much then you will make. If 2kg too small, just tell me i will order bigger one". She thought for it a while and replied "no lah, no time, sorry (very insincere one). And she sent me walking out of the shop empty handed...grrrr!

Determined, I decided to bake my own. So today, me and friend went to a culinary expert's house to learn. You decide if I had been successful.

1. Beating the butter mix

2. The fluffy butter cream............yummmmm



3. Spreading it over the sponge


4. Adding the peanuts (we used almond) on the side

THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

TA-DAH!

HOW'S THAT.

WOO-HOO! CAN OPEN SHOP ALREADY!!!!! ANY ORDERS?

4 comments:

imp said...

you can bake thousands of times better than i ever will!! it looks delish.

sinlady said...

Oh wah...I am impressed. I put in order for this dessert next time you come over for dinner.

wildgoose said...

Looks yummy!

Actually, that shop very strange. Never really display what they sell. I never know what to order whenever I walk past, so I never did.

Suzie Wong said...

Imp-not bad for someone who has never, and i mean never cooked a meal apart from home economics days. I'm truly impressed with myself too (so much for being modest) and it proves one's power of desperation

SL-er, ok...haha, but got to bake few more times to ensure can get consistent results. If not got to run to cedele to buy the truffles..lol

WG-thank you...it IS yummy!!! smacking lips